Mortgage Broker Cambridge - a Local Touch
If you’re looking for a mortgage then it is advisable to speak to a mortgage broker who is not only able to offer you professional mortgage advice but also offers a personal service and knowledge of the local Cambridge area. At The Mortgage Broker Ltd, our local mortgage brokers know the area, the kind of prices you can expect and which lenders can suit the mortgage that you need. With independent access to thousands of products they can focus on your precise circumstances.
What does a mortgage broker do for you?
- Options: We have access to a wide range of mortgages from a number of different lenders because we are not just tied to one product we can search our network to find you the mortgage and the interest rate that best suits your needs.
- The right deal: We represent your interests rather than that of the lenders. Our goal is to offer the greatest value in terms of interest rates, repayment amounts and loan products.
- One Application: By using our services you only need one application, rather than multiple forms for each individual lender, reducing the paperwork.
- Save you money: We calculate the total cost of the mortgage including any fees and charges you may not have considered. The lowest interest rate may not be the only thing to consider.
- Personal Service: We make the journey much easier and can advise and guide you throughout the application process. We have local knowledge of estate agents and legal services and most of all experience of the various options available.
The process of working with our mortgage brokers
We can take some of the mystery out of the process and help to save time and money when shopping around for the best deal. We will work closely with you to understand your money situation, what deposit you have available and what you’re hoping to achieve.
This will involve reviewing payslips, P60s, tax calculations and bank statements. Furthermore, we are likely to ask a range of questions, including:
- Questions about your budget
- Your mortgage and loan history
- Your current employment status and history
- Your income
- Your deposit and how you saved it
- The type of property you’re looking for
Don’t worry though, you will be guided through each piece of documentation and with the answers to those questions, our mortgage brokers can start finding the right deals for you. As brokers in Cambridgeshire we have great experience helping local people.
How do mortgages work?
Mortgages are loans that homeowners take on when they’re buying a home. They come in different term lengths, with different interest rates, fees, and other considerations.
A key factor with any mortgage application is affordability. Lenders are keen to know that you can make the repayments comfortably. With private rental costs on the rise, mortgage payments are comparatively affordable, but you must have some money to lay down as a deposit.
This deposit will be a certain percentage of the overall home value that is taken off the total loan. The rest of the mortgage is paid off on a monthly basis. As you pay off your mortgage, you get more equity (ownership) in your home. When you have it fully paid off, you own the home, entirely.
Why Use The Mortgage Broker Ltd?
At The Mortgage Broker Ltd, it’s our vision to become the UK’s most trusted and respected mortgage broker. The only way for us to achieve this is by providing straightforward and transparent advice to each and every one of our clients.
From your first call to your last, we put customer service first before all else so you can be confident in getting expert mortgage advice.